The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is offered through the Delaware Division of Climate, Coastal and Energy. It provides weatherization services to Delaware’s low-income households with the goal of reducing energy costs by increasing their homes’ energy efficiency, and making homes healthier, safer and more comfortable.
The process starts with a comprehensive energy audit conducted by a trained professional. The auditor will visit your home and diagnose its energy profile, and may prescribe the installation of one or more of the following measures:
- Air sealing, caulking, glazing, weather-stripping and crack patching
- Replacement of broken glass
- Attic, wall and floor insulation, and ventilation
- Seal heating and cooling ducts
- Insulation for hot water heaters and hot and cold water pipes
- Other items recommended by the auditor
WAP in Delaware is administered by Catholic Charities in Kent and Sussex counties and by Energy Coordinating Agency in New Castle County. If you’re interested in participating, begin by viewing the Frequently Asked Questions. Then contact the Weatherization Assistance Program team for help or more program details.