The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is offered through the Delaware Division of Climate, Coastal and Energy. It provides weatherization services to Delaware’s low-income households with the goal of reducing energy costs by increasing their homes’ energy efficiency, and making homes healthier, safer and more comfortable.
The process starts with a comprehensive energy audit conducted by a trained professional. The auditor will visit your home and diagnose its energy profile, and may prescribe the installation of one or more of the following measures:
- Air sealing, caulking, glazing, weather-stripping, and crack patching
- Replacement of broken glass
- Attic, wall and floor insulation, and ventilation
- Seal heating and cooling ducts
- Insulation for hot water heaters and hot and cold water pipes
- Other items recommended by the auditor
WAP in Delaware is administered by the Energy Coordinating Agency state-wide. If you’re interested in participating, begin by viewing the Frequently Asked Questions. Then contact the Weatherization Assistance Program team for help or more program details.