Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
**ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES TO IMPROVE YOUR COMFORT, INCREASE ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND LOWER YOUR UTILITY BILLS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH 12/31/2022 . WE TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO KEEP BOTH CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES SAFE. Click here to learn more.
The Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program consists of a comprehensive home energy assessment and energy efficiency upgrades offered at significantly reduced costs.
The program is available to income-qualified Delaware property owners (and renters via their landlord). We take a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability and safety. Learn what this program can do for you, by calling 877-524-1339.
Please note, your house may have existing health and safety issues or lack of insulation quantity or quality. If identified, your participating contractor will review these issues with you. These issues need to be addressed before you’re eligible for program incentives.
Having trouble finding your account number? Click on your provider below to find your account number on your bill:
If you have already completed an audit and are looking to inquire about additional rebates please visit our page for returning customers.
Benefits of Participating
- Get a comprehensive home energy assessment—plus a variety of energy saving products installed—for just $50 (up to a $600 value including direct installs at assessment).
- Take advantage of rebates that can cover a significant percentage of the energy saving upgrades.
- Enjoy improved comfort, increased energy efficiency and lower monthly energy costs after your home energy assessment and completion of the recommended home upgrades.
- The Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program may be able to minimize your out-of-pocket costs for energy efficiency improvements. To get started, apply online today!
Available Rebate Types
After your Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® assessment is complete, your program-approved contractor will recommend a variety of energy efficiency improvements for your home that may qualify for significant rebates.
SEALING AIR LEAKS & ADDING INSULATION
Excessive air leaks allow costly conditioned air to escape from your home. Your contractor or Energy Advisor may recommend sealing air leaks to keep your conditioned air in your home and keep the outside air out. Many older homes are poorly insulated or have no insulation at all. Properly installed insulation provides more even temperatures throughout the house and results in a quieter, more comfortable living environment that is less costly to heat and cool.
ENSURING ADEQUATE VENTILATION
Ventilation, or the exchange of indoor air with outdoor air, is critical to reducing indoor air pollutants, moisture and odors in your home. Without proper ventilation, contaminants such as formaldehyde or other volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and radon can cause health problems, while excess moisture can lead to mold growth and physical damage to your home. To ensure the health and safety of the occupants, the program requires mechanical ventilation to be installed as deemed appropriate by your participating contractor.
SEALING AND INSULATING DUCTWORK
Many homes have leaky ductwork and poor airflow resulting in uncomfortable rooms. Your contractor or Energy Advisor may recommend sealing and/or insulating your home’s air duct distribution system. Sealing and/or insulating ductwork spaces can reduce energy usage and increase your home’s overall comfort.
IMPROVING HEATING & COOLING SYSTEMS
If your heat pump, furnace or air conditioner is more than 10 years old, your contractor or Energy Advisor may recommend replacing it with a properly-sized unit that is ENERGY STAR® certified. When installed correctly, high-efficiency units can help you save on heating and cooling costs. They also can make your home more comfortable year-round by providing more consistent indoor temperatures and better humidity control.
TESTING COMBUSTION & SAFETY
Your contractor or Energy Advisor will test the combustion equipment in your home, such as your furnace and hot water heater, to ensure that they operate and vent properly. In addition, the contractor will conduct a carbon monoxide reading on natural gas ovens and other areas to further test the safety of your home.
PRODUCT UPGRADES DURING ASSESSMENT
During the assessment your contractor or Energy Advisor will install up to $200 worth of energy-saving products in your home at no additional cost including:
- Energy-efficient light bulbs, with options formidable, candelabra, globe and LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow fixed shower heads
- SmartStart™ shower valve
- Water heater pipe insulation (Installed on first four feet of hot water pipe only)
Rebate Eligible Measures
Rebates are available for property owners, including rental property owners, who complete an energy audit conducted by a program-approved auditor/contractor. The property owner and their selected program-approved auditor/contractor must review the energy audit report which details a prioritized list of energy improvements/upgrades. After this review, the selected program-approved auditor/contractor will make a rebate reservation on behalf of the property owner to secure the rebates for the selected rebate-eligible work. Property owner must receive a rebate reservation confirmation before beginning any work.
- Rebates are capped at 50% of the total installed cost up to the incentive level indicated; whichever is lower.
- Rebates are subject to change and are not guaranteed until a rebate reservation is confirmed.
- Rebate payments can take up to six weeks to be processed for payment to either the homeowner or the contractor.
- Excludes geothermal heat pumps. Visit dnrec.delaware.gov for more information on available geothermal heat pump rebates through Delaware’s Green Energy Program.
Rebate Reservation System
Before the job is started:
- Your contractor must submit an online rebate application using the Program Application Center and upload the completed audit report, signed contract with scope of work details and signed Energize Delaware Terms and Conditions.
- Upon approval, Energize Delaware will provide a reservation confirmation to your contractor that entered the reservation. Rebates cannot be guaranteed until the reservation is approved.
After the job is complete:
- Your contractor must submit documentation of the completed project within 90 days of the reservation confirmation, including a final invoice marked “paid in full.”
- You can call the Energize Delaware Home Performance Call Center at 877-524-1339 to ask about the status of your application.
- This offer is valid for homes & rental properties (with the property owner’s approval) that have up to four units under one roof. Properties with more than 4 units are not applicable.
- To participate in the program, property owner must receive a home energy audit conducted by an approved Energize Delaware auditor/contractor or Energy Advisor.
- Rebates are available for installation of qualified energy improvements/upgrades by program-approved contractors (this is not a DIY program – rebates are not awarded for self-installed upgrades).
- Property owner must receive a rebate reservation approval to be eligible for any rebates under this program. DO NOT begin any rebate-eligible upgrades until you have confirmed the approval of your rebate reservation by contacting the program or your contractor.
- Your program-approved auditor/contractor must submit documentation of your completed rebate-eligible upgrades to the Energize Delaware Home Performance program within 90 days of your rebate reservation confirmation else your rebate reservation will expire.
Rebates listed below are valid through 12/31/22
View Incentive Amounts
|Measure||Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®*||Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®** & Downtown Development District Rebates|
|Customer Co-Pay for Assessment||$50||$25|
|Air Sealing 20% Improvement||$1,200||$1,200|
|Air Sealing 30% Improvement||$1,700||$1,700|
|Air Sealing 40% Improvement||$2,100||$2,100|
|Duct Sealing 20% Improvement||$650||$750|
|Duct Sealing 40% Improvement||$800||$950|
|Add R-19 Attic Insulation||$1,100||$1,400|
|Add R-30 Attic Insulation||$1,200||$1,500|
|Foundation Wall Insulation||$750||$1,000|
|Insulated Siding/Sheating(min R-5, 50% of walls)||$1,200||$1,500|
|Wall Insulation (min 50% of walls)||$2,000||$2,600|
|HVAC and Water Heating|
|Heat Pumps Tier 1 (=>16 SEER and =>12.5 EER and =>8.5 HSPF)||$750||$1150|
|Heat Pumps Tier 2 (=>17 SEER and =>12.5 EER and =>9.0 HSPF )||$1,000||$1,500|
|Heat Pumps Tier 3 (=>18 SEER and =>12.5 EER and =>9.0 HSPF, Multi-stage Capacity)||$1,400||$1,900|
|Mini-Split HP Tier 1 (=>17 SEER and =>12.5 EER and => 9.0 HSPF)||$500||$1,100|
|Per Additional Indoor Unit - Tier 11||$400||$800|
|Mini-Split HP Tier 2 (=>21 SEER and =>12.5 EER and => 10.0 HSPF)||$800||$1,300|
|Per Additional Indoor Unit - Tier 21||$600||$950|
|CAC Tier 1 (=>16 SEER and =>12.5 EER)||$650||$1,100|
|CAC Tier 2 (=>17 SEER and =>12.5 EER)||$800||$1,250|
|CAC Tier 3 (=>18 SEER and =>12.5 EER, Multi-stage Capacity)||$1,100||$1,600|
|Furnace Tier 1 (94+AFUE w/ECM Blower)||$650||$1,100|
|Furnace Tier 2 (96+AFUE, Multi-stage w/ECM Blower)||$850||$1,300|
|Furnace (Oil-fired 85+AFUE w/ECM Blower)2||$600||$1,050|
|Condensing Boiler with On-Demand Hot Water (90+ AFUE)||$1,300||$1,600|
|Heat Pump Water Heater||$1,100||$1,300|
|Tankless Water Heater (Gas/Propane)||$750||$1,000|
|Direct Vent LP/NG Water Heater (≤55 gallons: EF ≥ 0.67 & UEF ≥ 0.64 / >55 gallons: EF ≥ 0.67 & UEF ≥ 0.85)||$150||$250|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified Smart Thermostat||$200||$250|
|Mechantical Ventilation Equipment (ERV/HRV/Continuous Exhaust) 3||$400||$650|
|Whole-Home Dehumidifier (ENERGY STAR Certified)||$500||$750|
|Hybrid Heat Pump & Furnace System Tier 1 (≥16 SEER and ≥12.5 EER and ≥8.5 HSPF) and (94+AFUE w/ECM Blower)||$1,200||$1,500|
|Hybrid Heat Pump & Furnace System Tier 2 (≥17 SEER and ≥12.5 EER and ≥9.0 HSPF) and (96+AFUE, Multi-stage w/ECM Blower)||$1,600||$1,900|
|Hybrid Heat Pump & Furnace System Tier 3 (≥17 SEER and ≥12.5 EER and ≥9.0 HSPF) and (96+AFUE, Multi-stage w/ECM Blower||$2100||$2400|
VIew Incentive Details
* The Home Performance Assessment (Audit) Incentive is capped at $400. Home Performance Incentives for Weatherization, HVAC and Water Heating are capped at the incentive level indicated above or at 50% of the total installed cost; whichever is lower. Air Sealing and Duct Sealing Incentives are capped at the incentive level indicated above or at 75% of the total installed cost; whichever is lower.
** The Assisted Home Performance Assessment (Audit) Incentive is capped at $425. Assisted Home Performance Incentives for Weatherization, HVAC and Water Heating are capped at the incentive level indicated above or at 75% of the total installed cost; whichever is lower.
1 Mini-split rebates are capped at $4,000 per Home Performance project and $5,500 per Assisted Home Performance project.
2 Requires documentation. Natural gas not a viable option.
3 One rebate per home on total cost of applicable ventilation upgrades.
Five simple steps to higher energy efficiency
See if you qualify. To find out if you are eligible, please give us a call and our representatives will walk your through the initial enrollment screening. To view the income levels per household, see the application form below.
Download and fill out the Assisted Home Performance application form.
Contact us at (877) 524-1339 and a representative will send a secure file link for you to submit your application and sensitive documents. Note that you will be required to submit your most recent federal tax return with your application.
Receive notification from Energize Delaware of your approval or denial to participate in the program.
If you are approved, you’ll receive instructions on selecting a contractor to perform your home energy assessment and/or proceeding with your recommended project(s) with eligible rebates.
Schedule a home energy assessment for just $50 (up to a $600 value including direct installs at assessment) by clicking here.
During the assessment, your Energy Advisor will offer to install up to $200 worth of energy-efficient products. These products include: light bulbs, faucet aerators, efficient-flow shower heads and pipe insulation wrap—all at no additional cost.
Afterward, you’ll receive a list of recommended home improvements that will help increase your home’s energy efficiency, reduce costs and enhance comfort.
Note: Your contractor will ask for your electric account number to facilitate any applicable rebate reservations.
Complete your home energy efficiency upgrades. Your participating contractor will install the upgrades you choose and process your rebates on your behalf.
For low-interest loans, up to $30,000, at 5.99% APR for terms of up to 10 years, are available to qualifying homeowners. Apply online or call (877) 453-2327. For more information, download our Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program Brochure.
Once the final completed application is submitted by your contractor and approved, you will receive your rebate check within 4 to 6 weeks.