Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
The Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program consists of a comprehensive home energy assessment and energy efficiency upgrades offered at significantly reduced costs.
Please note, your house may have existing health and safety issues or lack of insulation quantity or quality. If identified, your participating contractor will review these issues with you. These issues need to be addressed before you’re eligible for program incentives.
Income Qualified Owners/Tenants
The program is available to income-qualified Delaware property owners (and renters via their landlord). We take a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability and safety. Learn what this program can do for you by calling 877-524-1339.
Downtown Development District Owners/Tenants
Do you live in a residential property in one of Delaware’s Downtown Development Districts? If so, you could be eligible for significant rebates for energy efficiency improvements and get a home energy assessment for just $25!
Benefits of Participating
- Significant incentives to offset upgrade costs.
- Average utility cost savings of 20% or more.
- Reduce drafts and improve comfort.
- Comprehensive work performed by specially trained contractors.
- A healthier, safer, high-quality home.
- Decreased greenhouse gas emissions.
Homeowners (and renters with the property owner’s permission) must meet the following requirements to be eligible to participate in the Energize Delaware Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program.
- Residential properties located in Delaware are eligible. Multi-family properties with more than 4 units under one roof (i.e., apartments and condominium units) must be 3 stories or less AND at least 10 years old to participate.
- To participate in the program, the customer must be the registered homeowner or tenant with property owner approval, receive a Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified products and/or equipment through an approved program contractor or Energy Advisor.
- Incentives are available for the installation of qualified products and/or equipment performed after the home assessment. Installations performed prior to home assessment and/or self-installed upgrades are not eligible for Incentives.
All projects must receive a rebate reservation approval from the program prior to installation to be eligible for incentives. Approvals will be dependent upon available program funds at the time of submission. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis while they last.
- Incentives are capped at 75% of the total installed cost up to the incentive level indicated, whichever is lower.
- Incentives are subject to change and are not guaranteed until the program confirms a rebate reservation.
- Incentive payments can take up to six weeks to be processed for payment to either the homeowner or the contractor.
- Excludes geothermal heat pumps. Visit dnrec.delaware.gov for more information on available geothermal heat pump rebates through Delaware’s Green Energy Program.
- To view current INCENTIVE AMOUNTS, click HERE.