Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® for Homeowners
Energize Delaware’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program takes a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and safety. Rather than focusing on a single problem, such as an inefficient heating & cooling system or drafty windows, the program looks at improvements to make your entire home more comfortable, energy efficient and save you money.
STEP 1 – Schedule a Home Energy Assessment – call 877-524-1339. There is a co-pay of $50 for the assessment, or $25 for income qualified customers.
STEP 2 – During your Home Energy Assessment with your permission, the advisor will install up to $250 worth of energy-saving products at no additional cost (includes LED light bulbs, faucet aerators, efficient-flow shower heads and water heater pipe insulation). Assessment is MANDATORY prior to any work performed to become eligible for program incentives.
STEP 3 – Review the Home Energy Assessment Report with your Program Participating Contractor. Determine which improvements you would like to make and ask your participating contractor about available Incentives. Please note, qualified products and/or equipment must be installed by a program participating contractor to be eligible for program incentives. To view current INCENTIVE AMOUNTS, click HERE.
STEP 4 – Select a participating contractor and sign an agreement for the work you want done. Your contractor will then submit your rebate reservation with a copy of your signed agreement to begin the rebate reservation process with Energize Delaware. This must be done before they start the work.
The Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program may be able to minimize your out-of-pocket costs for energy efficiency improvements. To get started, apply online or call (866) 648-1857. For more information, download our Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program Brochure.
STEP 5 – The participating contractor will do the work. Then the energy advisor that did your Home Energy Assessment will perform a final inspection to make sure the work was done properly. You may be notified if your project is randomly selected for quality assurance review by the Energize Delaware team.
STEP 6 – After final inspection, the contractor will submit documentation to complete the rebate application. Once the final completed application is submitted by your contractor and approved, you will receive your rebate check within 6-8 weeks.
Please note, your house may have existing health and safety issues or lack of insulation quantity or quality. If identified, your participating contractor will review these issues with you. These issues may need to be addressed before you become eligible for program incentives.
If you have already completed your Home Energy Assessment and are looking to inquire about additional program incentives, please visit our page for returning customers.
Benefits of Participating
- Significant incentives to offset upgrade costs.
- Average utility cost savings of 20% or more.
- Reduce drafts and improve comfort.
- Comprehensive work performed by specially trained contractors.
- A healthier, safer, high-quality home.
- Decreased greenhouse gas emissions.
Homeowners (and renters with the property owner’s permission) must meet the following requirements to be eligible to participate in the Energize Delaware Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program.
- Residential properties located in Delaware are eligible. Multi-family properties with more than 4 units under one roof (i.e., apartments and condominium units) must be 3 stories or less AND at least 10 years old to participate.
- To participate in the program, the customer must be the registered homeowner or tenant with property owner approval, receive a Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified products and/or equipment through an approved program contractor or Energy Advisor.
- Incentives are available for the installation of qualified products and/or equipment performed after the home assessment. Installations performed prior to home assessment and/or self-installed upgrades are not eligible for Incentives.
All projects must receive a rebate reservation approval from the program prior to installation to be eligible for incentives. Approvals will be dependent upon available program funds at the time of submission. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis while they last.
- Incentives are capped at 50% of the total installed cost up to the incentive level indicated, whichever is lower.
- Incentives are subject to change and are not guaranteed until the program confirms a rebate reservation.
- Incentive payments can take up to six weeks to be processed for payment to either the homeowner or the contractor.
- Excludes geothermal heat pumps. Visit dnrec.delaware.gov for more information on available geothermal heat pump rebates through Delaware’s Green Energy Program.
- To view current INCENTIVE AMOUNTS, click HERE.