Home Energy-Efficiency Loan Program
You may be eligible for special financing when you want to make energy-efficient improvements to your home. Here’s what you need to know.
Get an energy audit.
- Contact an Energize Delaware HPwES participating contractor or energy advisor to schedule an appointment.
- You’ll be given a list of recommended improvements for your home, plus cost estimates and available rebates.
- They’ll submit a rebate reservation to confirm the funds are available.
- Visit EnergizeDelawareloans.org or call 866-648-1857
- You’ll need a copy of the energy audit and estimate/proposal from your contractor to validate the final price and qualifying enhancements.
- Your project, credit score and debt-to income ratio will be reviewed.
- If approved, you will receive an email.
We pay the participating contractor and you start saving.
- When your project is done, submit your signed completion certificate and rebate completion forms.
- We do the rest of the work for you, including paying the participating contractor.
What Energy-Efficient Home Upgrades Qualify?
- Air and duct sealing
- Attic, knee wall, crawlspace, rim joist wall and floor insulation
- Air source heat pump
- Central air
- Ductless mini split
- Heat pump or tankless water heater
- Smart thermostats
What's the Loan Lowdown?
- Fast, easy monthly payments through Energize Delaware
- Low-cost, fixed-rate loan minimizes out-of-pocket costs
- Special 5.99% unsecured financing
- Loan amounts range from $1,000-$30,000
- No fees to consumer or participating contractor
- Up to 10 years to repay (and no prepayment penalty or closing costs)
- 100% financing available
- No home equity required; new homeowners welcome (and no lien filed on your home)
- Work must be done by Energize Delaware Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
(HPwES) participating contractor (find one here)
Am I Eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a Delaware homeowner who is participating in the HPwES program.
- Be the registered property owner currently living in a separately metered, detached or attached 1- to 4-unit residence where the home energy audit is completed and the product/equipment is being installed.
- Attached units are duplexes, condominiums and townhouses.
- Not be in new construction or a commercial property.
- Meet debt-to-income ratio and credit score requirements.
- No minimum income required.
- Receive a rebate reservation confirmation number.