Energize Delaware's Performance Contracting Program
Energize Delaware's Performance Contracting Program is a comprehensive energy saving program directed at schools, universities, municipalities, hospitals and other non-profits and privately held institutions. The program provides a comprehensive approach to assess energy use and to implement energy and water efficiency improvement projects by providing contractual and financing mechanisms to execute the upgrades with minimal financial risk.
The Performance Contracting program uses long-term utility cost savings derived from implementation of the projects to fund the improvements and is delivered through a pool of area Energy Services Companies (ESCOs) who have been pre-qualified. The ESCOs offer guaranteed energy savings which cover annual payments for project costs, usually over a contract terms of 15 to 20 years. This Performance Guidelines details the steps in the process.
Typically, Performance Contracting makes sense if the following criteria are met:
- Your annual utility bills are in excess of $100,000
- No large-scale lighting efficiency upgrade has been performed
- The facility is not scheduled for closure or major remodeling within the next five years
- Recent energy audits have identified significant energy conservation opportunities
- The equipment in your facility is nearing the end of its useful life, or has high maintenance and repair costs.
To learn more, contact a program representative today at 302-883-3048.
The DESEU is moving forward with the 2016-2017 bond issuance
Visit our 2016-2017 Performance Contracting Bond Issue page for more information. You can visit the Delaware Office of Management and Budget web page which provides form documents that are used for the bond financing by clicking HERE . You will need to scroll down to the Energy Performance Contracting section to locate it in the pull down menu.