The Whole-House Approach
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® can help you save money and contribute to your family’s health and safety—all while increasing the durability of your home, maximizing your energy efficiency, and improving your comfort.
Contact an Energize Delaware Home Performance with ENERGY STAR participating contractor to learn more about the program and to schedule your home energy audit . Your participating contractor will use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and may conduct special tests to identify the energy-saving improvements that best fit your unique home and budget:
- A blower door test uses the combination of pressure and airflow measurements to calculate your home’s air leakage.
- A thermographic camera uses infrared sensors to assess the effectiveness of your home’s insulation. This evaluation also helps identify air leakages throughout your home during the blower door test
- Combustion analysis detects inefficient equipment that may need service or replacement. Various safety tests detect carbon monoxide and/or gas leaks in your home.
During the audit your contractor or Energy Advisor will provide and install the up to $160 worth of energy-saving measures in your home at no additional cost (with your permission). These measures include the following:
- Energy-efficient light bulbs, with options for dimmable, three-way, candelabra, globe and spiral bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow fixed showerheads
- Water heater pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes for six feet from water heater, as accessible
- Smart power strips
After your assessment, energy-saving recommendations may include:
Review the Home Energy Audit Summary Report with your contractor or Energy Advisor. Determine which improvements you would like to make and ask your contractor or Energy Advisor about available rebates .
Sign a contract with the contractor you have selected. An Energize Delaware Energy Advisor can help you review the contract before you sign if you feel you need help. Your contractor will then submit your rebate application with a copy of your signed contract to begin the rebate incentive application process with Energize Delaware. Ask your contractor about the rebate reservation system .
The contractor will install the contracted energy efficiency improvements then perform final safety and health tests. You and the contractor are required to sign a Certificate of Completion. At this time, payment for services is due to your contractor
Once the final completed application is submitted by your contractor and approved, you will receive your rebate check within 4 to 6 weeks.
Check out the What to Expect brochure to learn more about Energize Delaware’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program. Still have questions? Call us at 877-524-1339.