Weatherization Assistance program
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) of is offered through the Delaware Division of Climate, Coastal, & Energy. Its goal is to reduce energy costs for low-income households by increasing the energy efficiency of their homes. In addition, the program makes people’s homes healthier, safer, and more comfortable.
The process starts with a comprehensive energy audit conducted by a trained professional. The auditor will visit your home, diagnose the home’s energy profile, and may prescribe the installation of one or more of the following measures:
- Air sealing, caulking, glazing, weather-stripping and crack patching
- Replacement of broken glass
- Attic, wall and floor insulation, and ventilation
- Seal heating and cooling ducts
- Insulation for hot water heaters and hot and cold water pipes
- Other items recommended by the auditor
To learn more and apply, visit the Weatherization Assistance Program page.