SWEEP – Sustainable Water Energy Efficiency Program
Energize Delaware’s Sustainable Water Energy-Efficiency Program (SWEEP) is designed to help farmers improve water distribution uniformity and energy efficiency on their land. The program provides technical assistance, cash incentives, and low-interest loans for qualifying water and or energy efficiency projects.
- 75% cash incentives and 2% fixed rate, cash flow neutral loans for qualified water or energy-efficiency projects
- On-site comprehensive irrigation system pre-and post-evaluations thorough the University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- Additional assistance provided to Disadvantaged Farm Enterprises
- Qualified custom projects
- Incentives are over and above any NRCS EQIP funding
How You Benefit
- Lower operating costs with irrigation and energy efficiency improvements
- Increase profitability through reduced maintenance time and lower diesel fuel costs
- Improved water distribution uniformity
Equipment Eligible For Incentives
This is a list of some of the equipment that is eligible for incentives. It is not comprehensive.
- Sprinklers, nozzles and regulators
- Advanced irrigation controls
- Advanced remote sensing technologies
- Motors and motor controls
- Hi-to-low pressure pump conversion
- Fuel switching-diesel to electric
- Line extension from pole to pump
Call Energize Delaware at (800) 732-1399 to get involved. The program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.