Pathway to Green Schools
The DESEU and the Green Building United have teamed up to reduce energy costs and foster the growth of sustainability initiatives in Delaware's Schools.
Currently in its fourth year, the Energize Delaware Pathways to Green Schools program provides grants, one-on-one support, and expert resources to K-12 schools in Delaware that are committed to becoming healthier, more sustainable, and more energy efficient.
Participating schools work toward achieving certification and national recognition through Eco-Schools USA and the U.S. Department of Education’s Green Ribbon Schools award.
Benefits to Participating Schools
- Network of like-minded educators and school personnel for sharing ideas and challenges
- Invitations to roundtables and workshops
- Free building energy assessment (for qualifying schools)
- Assistance with energy benchmarking using EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Eligibility to apply to annual mini-grant program
- Support with implementing sustainability initiatives including curriculum connections
For more information and to ask questions, contact LeAnne Harvey at email@example.com or 215-399-5790.