Energy Assessment Program for Non-profits and Government Agencies
“The team was professional and thorough. They provided actionable recommendations that could save us up to $14K annually. Every dollar we save goes directly to helping us fulfill our mission of providing employment for people with disabilities.”
- Craig Crouch, Chief Executive Officer, Kent-Sussex Industries, Inc.
“We were very impressed with the audit process. Their recommendations ranged from the simple installation of motion activated light switches to building a solar system to heat our pool. Once we’ve completed our cost/benefit analysis we will move forward with many of these changes. The money we save will go directly to funding our programs to serve the needs of all senior citizens in Kent County.”
- Carolyn Fredricks, President/CEO, Modern Maturity Center of Dover
WHO DOES THE ASSESSMENTS?
Industrial Assessment Centers (IAC) are national programs funded by the Department of Energy. The University of Delaware houses the Mid-Atlantic IAC. The audits are done by University of Delaware graduate students under the supervision of the Center directors.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Most buildings visited by our University of Delaware IAC save companies 10-30% on energy bills!
- Recommendations ranked by the Highest Rate of Return, including no cost options if any.
- DESEU Low Interest Financing Options
- Increased Building Comfort Levels
- Longer Equipment Lifespan
- Improved Building Operations
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- Assess Utility Bills
- Complete Light Level Testing
- Analyze HVAC System
- Review Building Envelope and Insulation
- Thermal Imaging
- Review Operations and Maintenance Plans
- Measure Energy Usage
- Perform Data Logging
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Non-profit and government agencies whose building have at least $50,000 a year in utility bills.
OK, SO WHAT’S THE COST?
For non-profit/Government: the DESEU covers 90% of audit cost; this can range from $400 if annual utility bills are under $60,000 per year and $800 if they are over $60,000 per year.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Call Tony DePrima, Executive Director
Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility
500 W. Loockerman Street, Suite 400
Dover, DE 19904