Assisted Home Performance
The Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program consists of a comprehensive home energy audit and energy efficiency upgrades offered at significantly reduced costs. The program is available to income-qualified Delaware property owners (and renters via their landlord).
We take a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability and safety. View the Assisted Home Performance brochure.
Benefits of Participating
- Get a comprehensive home energy audit—plus a variety of energy-saving products installed—for just $50 (a $400 value).
- Take advantage of rebates that can cover up to 75% of the energy-saving upgrades, up to $9,700.*
- Enjoy improved comfort, increased energy efficiency and lower monthly energy costs after your home energy audit and completion of the recommended home upgrades.
How the Program Works
Energy-Saving Products Installed During Your Home Energy Audit
Up to $160 worth of energy-saving measures including:
- See if you qualify. To find out if you are eligible, please give us a call and our representatives will walk your through the initial enrollment screening. To view the income levels per household click HERE.
- Download and fill out the Assisted Home Performance application form.
- Contact us at (877) 524-1339 and a representative will send a secure file link for you to submit your application and sensitive documents. Note that you will be required to submit your most recent federal tax return with your application.
notification from Energize Delaware of your approval or denial to participate in the program.
- If you are approved, you’ll receive instructions on selecting a contractor to perform your home energy audit and/or proceeding with your recommended project(s) with eligible rebates.
- If you do not qualify, you are still eligible to participate in other energy efficiency programs such the Weatherization Assistance Program or Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
- Schedule a home energy audit for just $50 (a $400 value) by clicking here. During the audit, you’ll receive a variety of energy-saving products installed in your home at no additional cost. See our list of participating contractors.
- Complete your home energy efficiency upgrades. Your participating contractor will install the upgrades you choose and process your rebates on your behalf.
Rebates and Loans
- Rebates up to $9,700 are available to cover up to 75% of the cost of your upgrades. You are responsible for paying the remaining cost of the upgrades.
- Low-interest loans, up to $25,000 at 5.99% APR for terms up to 10 years, are available to qualifying homeowners through Renew Financial. Apply online at deenergyloan.com or call (888) 232-3477.
*Subject to change