Rebate Reservation System
Important Program Update!
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program has been very successful thanks to your participation and quality service. More than 3,000 Delawareans have received rebates that helped fund improvements to lower their home energy costs, save on their utility bills, and make their homes safer and more comfortable. Due to a surge in participation, the SEU Energize Delaware is taking steps to review the program and evaluate rebate obligations.
Existing projects in the pipeline will fall into one of the following categories:
- Completed Jobs: You must complete and submit all required application documents for each project as you normally would by September 10, 2011, or;
- Jobs in Progress: Audits must have been completed by August 31, 2011 to be eligible for a rebate reservation. You just request a rebate reservation by September 10, 2011 which includes:
- An online rebate application;
- A Beacon audit report;
- A signed contract with a detailed scope of work; and
- A signed Energize Delaware Terms and Conditions form.
Completed applications that are submitted by September 10, 2011 are eligible for the current level of rebates. The continuation of the program will be determined after a review of the rebate reservation system which provides a real-time accounting of rebate obligations. Future decisions will be communicated to contractors.
After applying for a reservation by September 10th, homeowners and their contractors will receive a rebate reservation confirmation email with a system record ID for a reservation of rebate funds. Homeowners and contractors can expect this decision within two weeks of submitting a completed reservation request and all required documents. This reservation is valid as long as work is completed and documentation submitted within 90 days after the reservation confirmation is issued. Without the reservation confirmation, we cannot guarantee availability of funds or rebates. Due to federal funding requirements, rebate assignment to contractors cannot be allowed on application approved for funding reservations.
How to request a reservation:
- The contractor must submit an online rebate application using the Program Application Center (as used today for final application submission) and upload the completed audit report, signed contract with scope of work details and the signed Energize Delaware Terms and Conditions.
- Upon approval, Energize Delaware will provide a reservation confirmation email to the homeowner and contractor. A rebate cannot be guaranteed until you receive a reservation confirmation email.
After the job is complete:
- The contractor must submit documentation of the completed project within 90 days of the reservation confirmation, including a final invoice marked "paid in full".
- The homeowners will have the ability to call the Energize Delaware Home Performance Call Center to ask about the status of their application by contacting 302-883-3048.
If you still have questions, please refer to our frequently asked questions or call us at 302-883-3048.