Energize Delaware Revolving Loan Fund
Energize Delaware Revolving Loan Fund Objectives
The Revolving Loan Fund objective is to encourage the adoption and installation of end-user energy efficiency measures and customer-sited renewable generation and greenhouse gas reduction measures. The result in savings can lower customers’ bills and reduce the environmental impacts of energy production, delivery and use. To download a PDF of our Revolving Loan Fund brochure, click HERE.
Program financing is available to all credit-qualified businesses and non-profits located in existing facilities in the State of Delaware.
Applications may be submitted by cities, towns, counties, other units of government, K-12 schools (public or private), school districts, higher education institutions, hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare institutions, commercial and industrial businesses (for profit businesses) and non-profit organizations.
For additional information regarding eligibility; please refer to the DESEU's Direct Lending Activities - Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Installation of eligible measures in or on a building or site owned or leased by the applicant;
- Conducting an energy efficiency audit;
- Code-related repair and health and safety measures that are required to secure the energy savings of the project. Applications may be submitted by cities, towns, counties, other units of government, K-12 schools (public or private), school districts, higher education institutions, hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare institutions, commercial and industrial businesses (for profit businesses) and non-profit organizations.
- Energy efficiency measures must be justified by an energy audit.
- Contractor must meet requirements for the DESEU’s Responsible Contractor Policy at the following link Responsible Contractor and the State of Delaware prevailing wage rates for mechanics and/or laborers for contracts greater than $50,000.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to repay the loan or lease as evidenced by review of credit history, financial statements and bank and trade references.
- For energy efficiency projects, savings over the weighted useful life of the measures must be greater than the cost of the measures including financing.
For additional information regarding minimum requirements; please refer to the DESEU's Direct Lending Activities - Policies and Procedures Manual.
Interest rates will vary based on application type and are subject to change.
Applicants seeking financing will be required to provide an energy audit prepared by a third-party provider selected by the applicant as part of the pre-approval process. For additional information, please visit the below links:
To discuss and obtain an application please contact the Executive Director, Tony DePrima, at the Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility at 302-883-3048 or by email at email@example.com.