Your Home > Assisted Home Performance

Assisted Home Performance

Through a coordination with Catholic Charities, income-qualified Delaware residents can take advantage of a home energy audit and energy efficiency upgrades at a significantly reduced cost.

Benefits of Participating

  • Improve your home’s comfort, increase energy efficiency and reduce your energy costs.
  • Get a comprehensive home energy audit—plus a variety of energy-saving products installed—for just $50 (a $400 value).
  • Take advantage of rebates up to $9,700 for making energy efficiency upgrades in your home.

How the Program Works

1. See if you qualify. This program is open to Delaware residents, based upon income qualifications. To find out if you are eligible, contact your local Catholic Charities diocese, which will perform the initial enrollment screening. To view the income levels per household click HERE

For additional information, please visit (

To view the program brochure, please click here (Assisted Home Performance brochure).



Phone Number

Catholic Charities - New Castle County

2601 W. 4th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805

(302) 654-9295

Catholic Charities - Kent County

2099 S. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901

(302) 674-1782

Catholic Charities - Sussex County

406 S. Bedford Street
Suite 9
Georgetown, DE 19947

(302) 856-6310

Prior to meeting with your local Catholic Charities office, please prepare to bring the following items:

Energy-Saving Products Installed During Your Home Energy Audit

Up to $160 worth of energy-saving measures including:

  • Energy-efficient light bulbs, with options for dimmable, candelabra, globe and spiral bulbs
  • Faucet aerators
  • Efficient-flow fixed showerheads
  • Water heater pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes for six feet from water heater, as accessible)
  • Smart power strips
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of Income (1 month’s worth)
  • Monthly Expenses / Bills
  • Social Security Cards for all household members

2. Receive a confirmation letter from Catholic Charities determining your eligibility.

3. Schedule a home energy audit for just $50 (a $400 value). During the audit, you’ll receive a variety of energy-saving products installed in your home at no additional cost.

4. Select a contractor from the list of participating contractors.

5. Complete your home energy efficiency upgrades. Your energy auditor will work with you to help you decide what measures make the most sense for you and your property.

Rebates and Loans

Rebates up to $9,700 can cover up to 75% of the cost of your upgrades. You are responsible for paying the remaining 25% of the cost.

Low-interest loans, up to $25,000, at 5.99% are available to qualifying homeowners through Renew Financial for energy-saving home improvements. Apply online at or call (888) 232-3477.

Your Home

Home Performance with ENERGY STAR

The Whole-House Approach

Typical Upgrades


Rebate Reservation

Downtown District Development Program

Assisted Home Performance

Schedule Audit or Request Info

Find a Contractor

Home Energy Loans


What to Expect Brochure

Contractor Resources

Refer a Friend